Video from Cary John at Tour Factory on Vimeo .
Enjoy our video of LGI...West Florida's best kept secret!
Find Little Gasparilla Island Community Info below.
-Lynne & George
Whether you're buying a home, selling your home or just interested in knowing more about Little Gasparilla Island, the following information, resources and tools will help to guide your decision. Click on each link below to discover more on LGI!
- LGI Property Owner's Assoc.
- Gasparilla Marina
- Eldred's Marina
- LGI Fire & Rescue
- Boca Beacon
- Charlotte County Government Site
- Charlotte County Property Appraiser
- Coconut Telegraph
- Don Pedro Island State Park
- Hideaway Bay Beach Club Condos - Approximately 18 acres of private, well-maintained, natural Florida beauty. The amenities are perfect for island living and include items such as gated mainland parking, ferry service to and from the island, 24 hour caretaker on the grounds, heated pool, owners' boat slips, grilling and picnic area. View the video of Hideaway Bay Beach Club.
- Placida Beach Condos -Island retreat and condominium complex with pool and private ferry service to and from the mainland. View the video of Placida Beach Condos.
Little Gasparilla Island
Located just north of Boca Grande on the Southwest Coast of Florida, Little Gasparilla Island is a hidden gem. The Island is about 7 miles long but less than a mile wide. The north end of the island hosts a state park while the secluded south end is dotted with single family stilt homes and condominiums.
There are no cars on Little Gasparilla Island. It is a bridge-less, barrier island which adds to its charm and uniqueness! Please contact us to assist you in making arrangements for transportation to the island! Once on the island, the most popular mode of transport is by golf cart or simply a quiet stroll.
The old Florida beauty of the island is evident all around you and makes this a perfect place to relax! Local wildlife include the ospreys making nests, gopher tortoises walking along with you down the sand paths, egrets and herons catching their dinner out of the water, and don’t forget the dolphin and manatees.
The tropical landscape is beautiful with sea grapes, sea oats and all types of palm trees. Coconuts, mangoes, lemons and limes are some of the tropical fruit you'll see here. Plus Florida wildflowers are in abundance for color, and a stray cactus even pops up here and there. Everything seems to slowly sway with the Gulf breeze
The fishing is great both inshore and offshore. Snook, redfish and tarpon are in abundance here. It is a fisherman’s paradise for both young and old! Most of our fondest memories are late night fishing excursions from the docks with family and friends!
Shelling is legendary on the pristine white powder sand beach of LGI. You’ll find many different species of shells along with the sand dollar and starfish. When you get tired of shell collecting, just take a dip in the quiet waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
Saving the best for last would be the absolutely mesmerizing sunsets. If you haven’t seen a west coast Florida sunset before, you are missing out. Little Gasparilla Island is home to some of the most beautiful ones in the world!